SLIDER

The Difference Between Having Feelings and Respect When It Comes to a Hookup


Let’s start off with a little history. I’ll be the first to admit it: I’m a serial dater. I’m the girl who always has a boyfriend. I get into relationships that last for years. As soon as the relationship ends, it’s just another couple months before a new one blooms and then I’m there for a few more years. My friends sh*t on me constantly for it.

The second I get out of a relationship, I’m in full-on single girl mode. I’m counting down the minutes until Friday night, heading out for drinks with friends and tearing up the dance floor every chance I get. I turn into the ultimate single girl and the only thing on my mind is having fun and meeting new people.

The only issue is, I’m terrible at meeting new people. As soon as I’m out of a relationship, I head back to texting the same guys I know will be around and will give me the attention I’m craving. Even when I’m at the bar, I’ve never been the type of girl to introduce myself to potential suitors. I’ll wait for them to introduce themselves and when they don’t, I leave feeling defeated.

My boyfriend of almost two years and I just recently ended our relationship. I told myself that because I’m 22 and haven’t lived my life nearly to its full potential, that I’d stay single for at least the summer to experience being in my 20s independently.

Head over to EliteDaily to read the remainder of this piece.

No comments

Post a Comment

© theglowitall • Theme by Maira G.